Registration of Foreign Residents
Qualifications and Period of Foreign Resident Registration
- Foreigners who intend to stay in Korea for more than 90 days are required to register as foreign residents within 90 days from their date of entry.
- If the certificate of stay or the permit for changes is granted during the stay in Korea, registration shall be made immediately after the permit is granted.
- Required Documents for All Foreign Residents
- Application for foreign resident registration (can be obtained at Korea Immigration Service)
- Two color ID photos (3 cm X 4 cm)
- Supplementary documents (Different supplementary documents are required according to the status of stay. Please contact the Korea Immigration Service to check which documents are required.)
- Service charge: KRW 10,000 (Government Revenue Stamp)
- In addition to the above documents, marriage immigrants are required to submit the following documents regarding their spouses (Korean husbands or wives).
- Certificate of Family Relations
- Copy of Resident Registration
- Letter of Reference
Application and Issuance of Certificate of Alien Registration
The competent office of the Korea Immigration Service manages the applications and issuance of certificates of alien registration
- Korea Immigration Service (☎1345)
Issuance Procedure of Certificate of Alien Registration
The issuance period of the certificate of alien registration may vary according to the competent office. In general, applicants can pick up their certificate of alien registration from the office seven to ten days after the date of application, or can receive it through home delivery by prepaying a delivery charge of KRW 3,000.